Saturday, January 01, 2005
Friday, December 31, 2004
- Always make sure to thank OUR LORD for all blessings--everything is a blessing--our lives, our families, our health, our homes, our work, everything! Also ask for all graces and blessings for HE is a loving FATHER.
- Always make sure that you have Holy Water. It is one of the many sacramentals available to us through our Holy Mother Church. This sacramental, most especially should be prominent in all homes. We should always wear a brown scapular as well. Make every effort to go to the sacraments--daily/weekly. Make time to go to HIM in the daily reception of the Eucharist at daily Mass. Make time to visit him in the Blessed Sacrament. At all costs make an effort to get to Confession if not weekly then at least once a month.
- Give everything to HIM--EVERYTHING--the fears, joys,sufferings, pains,tears,anxieties, all of it!
"Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow. The same Everlasting FATHER, who takes care of you today, will take care of you tomorrow. HE will either shield you from suffering, or give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations." St. Francis de Sales (*feast day Jan. 24th)
- Study the lives (Catherine of Siena) of the saints.
- Hug your children, love your husbands and wives, honor your mother and father, and assist Our Blessed Mother's priests in prayer support.
- Lastly- know, love, and serve OUR LORD in all you do! HE wants us all to be HOLY CHILDREN OF GOD!
These are what I would call New Year's resolutions.
Have a very HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR!
In the "new" YEAR OF OUR LORD TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE!
"Spain's Socialist government today approved a bill to legalise same-sex marriages, putting the predominantly Roman Catholic country on course to become only the third country to recognise gay marriages."
"Gay advocacy groups are supportive of the new legislation but the influential Catholic church adamantly disagrees. A spokesman of the Spanish Bishops Conference claimed some months ago that allowing gay marriages would be like releasing a virus into Spanish society. If Parliament passes the legislation, Spain would join Belgium and the Netherlands in legalising gay marriages."
So very sad. My heart aches as strong as the underwater earth quake. What effects will ripple through society now by this legislation? Will it have the same effects as the tsunami's in Asia?
LORD have mercy!
Thursday, December 30, 2004
Book of Isaiah: "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against it."
here:"With Little Warning, Director Saves 28 Orphans from Tsunami"-invoking the NAME OF JESUS!
Wednesday, December 29, 2004
I continue to ask that all be aware of her situation and pray for her. This situation is continued glee for the "enemy" and those that champion death. Oh, Blessed Mother will you intercede on Terri's behalf and the behalf of her dear mother Mary Schindler? And might we ask for miracles in this great season of miracles-Christmas? Might we also ask that the Holy Family be present to this family in their distress and anguish over their daughter and intercede before the throne of OUR LORD for the safety and welfare of their daughter Terri-that she may be spared from all harm?
--Pope John Paul II
Monday, December 27, 2004
I know...Instead of "new year's resolutions", I'll write a list of 2004's blessings. Maybe I'll post them here later this week. Right now the almost dead Christmas tree needs attention. I sure hope that I can keep it up through the Epiphany. We have all run around decorating since before Thanksgiving and now it the true time for Christmas decorating!
While I am on this subject read this from Monsignor Charles M. Mangan on "Instructing Those in Error" from Catholic Online (a good site to add to your favorite list).
And check out what the former Sen. Tom Daschle (D-S.D.), outgoing minority leader said this weekend on NBC News' Meet the Press - Tim Russert asks: "How do you find common ground on those kinds of issues?" (abortion & gay rights)