Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October - Month of the Rosary

How lazy and or spoiled are we when we can't even make a conscious effort to recite the daily rosary? Such blessings of love and protection are bestowed upon us when we go to Jesus through the Mother of God in this rich devotion. Prayers for this awesome Priest and his family.

China: my vocation came from rosary prayed in my family

My faith was influenced by my grandparents and by education within the family. Apart from the Chinese New Year, my family gave a lot of importance to Christmas. We Chinese Catholics live in a Communist, atheistic environment that denies, oppresses and derides religion. Although I received a Communist and atheistic education, my faith grew thanks to the witness of my grandparents and my family. Even during the Cultural Revolution, I remember that all my family would say the Rosary and Vespers together in secret, with the windows and doors closed: for more than 10 years, we spent Christmas night thus, without Mass and without priests.
~Fr. Pietro Song Zhichun

No comments:

Post a Comment