Sunday, December 28, 2008

'Pushin' it'

A talk with The Rev. Richard P. McBrien

"And why don't you leave?"

"McBRIEN: Because it's my church. It's my home. And I was born in it. I've been a Catholic all my life. And I have affirmation from so many good people. I feel that I have a responsibility to them to continue working at it and doing the best I can."

"Born in it."

But, continues to dissent against Holy Mother Church and her teaching...


A Good Question:

"Why don't you wear a collar?"

"McBRIEN: I only wear a collar when I go to my home parish in West Hartford to say Mass on a Sunday when I'm home. My Roman collar is my television uniform. You don't see the apostles with Roman collars on. It's a custom. And the custom in the academic world is that most priests who teach in Catholic colleges and universities wear a tie or just have an open sport shirt."

And there's your answer...

Pray for Fr. McBrien and for all priests.

Fr. Z comments (after all he is mentioned in the article)

No comments:

Post a Comment