7:30pm Concert UPPER CHURCH
- Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Institute on Religion and Public Policy
- The Interfaith Alliance
- The Interfaith Center of New York
- Interfaith Climate Change Network
- International Committee for the Peace Council
- The International Interfaith Center
- Interfaith Voices for Peace and Justice
- The National Religious Partnership for the Environment
- The North American Interfaith Network (NAIN) (Our Assistant Director, Mike Goggin, is the current Chairperson of the NAIN Board of Directors!)
- The Pluralism Project at Harvard University
- The Rumi Forum for Interfaith Dialogue
- Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
- Temple of Understanding
- United Religions Initiative
- United States Conference of Religions for Peace
- World Conference of Religions for Peace
Tsunami Dialogue -Cardinal McCarrick participates
Can. 1205 Sacred places are those which are designated for divine worship or for the burial of the faithful by a dedication or a blessing which the liturgical books prescribe for this purpose.
Can. 1210 Only those things which serve the exercise or promotion of worship, piety, or religion are permitted in a sacred place; anything not consonant with the holiness of the place is forbidden. In an individual case, however, the ordinary can permit other uses which are not contrary to the holiness of the place.
Can. 1214 By the term church is understood a sacred building designated for divine worship to which the faithful have the right of entry for the exercise, especially the public exercise, of divine worship.
Can. 1221 Entry to a church is to be free and gratuitous during the time of sacred celebrations.
ALTARS (Code of Canon Law)
A Celebration of the Sacred in Song, Dance and Chant
(at Washington Hebrew Congregation )
Question: Should an event like this be held in the Shrine?
Prayer to Mary Help of Christians
Dear Mother, Help of Christians, we come to you in confidence with our needs and like the sons and daughters of St. John Bosco, relying on your unfailing help. Bring us all to your Son and guide our hearts to bless the work of the Salesian Priests, Brothers and Sisters,as you protected their founder in his great work for the Church. Amen.
May all do the ordaining will of the FATHER!