Contact: Mary Ann Kreitzer
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (540) 459-9493
Arrivederci, Archbishop Burke
· Publicly defending the Holy Eucharist: In 2004 Archbishop Burke said he would deny Holy Communion to Senator John Kerry and other Catholic politicians who support abortion. He also admonished pro-abortion Catholics in the pew to refrain from receiving Communion.
· Resigning as Chairman of the board of Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital Foundation when they refused to disinvite radical pro-abortion singer Sheryl Crow to head up a benefit concert.
· Confronting the scandal of Coach Rick Majerus publicly supporting abortion and embryonic stem cell research.
· For excommunicating Rose Hudson, Elsie McGrath, and fake bishop Patricia Fresen for an act of schism in attempting the ordination of the two women.
· Advancing the Institute of Christ the King to restore the Traditional Latin Mass and promoting solid vocations to the priesthood.
· Fostering the Marian Catechist Movement founded by Fr. John Hardon to teach the authentic Catholic faith based on fidelity to the pope and the doctrine of the Church.
“We are grateful, “ Kreitzer said, “for having such a faithful apostle in the United States. Not only has Archbishop Burke given us hope, he has given us an example of how to speak the truth in love. We are confident that in his new role we will see greater justice especially to priests punished and silenced for their orthodoxy. Arrivederci, Archbishop Burke, we love you.”
CMC is an organization of Catholic writers, webmasters, editors, and others engaged in producing media for and about the Catholic Church. Its members live and work throughout the United States, and represent different approved Catholic Rites. They invite all practicing Catholic members of the media who are loyal to the Magisterium and to Church teaching to join CMC, whose mission is to "report truthfully about the Catholic Church and to defend, foster, and spread authentic Catholic faith and culture."
CMC's letter to Archbishop Raymond Burke is as follows:
July 1, 2008
Archbishop Raymond Burke, Archbishop of St. Louis
The members of the Catholic Media Coalition wish to express our heartfelt gratitude for your faithful service to the Church in the United States. There are many troubling situations that have injured the faith and trust of Catholics in this country. We particularly regret the failure of so many bishops to vigorously defend the teachings of the Church which contributed to the sex abuse scandals and to other major and ongoing problems.
We wish to especially acknowledge your courage in publicly defending the Holy Eucharist from sacrilege, for resigning as Chairman of the Board of the Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital Foundation, for excommunicating the women who invalidly attempted female ordination, and for confronting the public scandal of Coach Rick Majerus’ outrageous statements. But even more than these, we thank you for advancing the Institute of Christ the King, developing vocations, and fostering the authentic Catholic faith through the Marian Catechist Movement.
Be assured of our continued prayers as you begin your new work as Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura. Arrivederci, Archbishop Burke.
Sincerely in Christ,
Mary Ann Kreitzer
President, Catholic Media Coalition
Catholic Media Coalition members endorsing the letter as co-signers are:
Jack Ames, Defend Life, Baltimore, MD
Stephanie Block, Catholic Author, Albuquerque, NM, Athanasius@aol.com
Jean Charles, Defender of the Magisterium Vermont
James Fritz, Defenders of the Faith, Inc., Berkeley Springs, WV
Camille Giglio, California Right to Life Advocates,CA
Nancy Kokstis SFO, the Shepherds Warrior, Prentice, WI, kokstis @pctcnet.net
Donna Marek, Catholic activist, Ogdensburg, NY
Karl Maurer, Director, Catholic Citizens of Illinois, La Grange, IL
Patricia McKeever, Catholic Truth Scotland, Scotland
Kathy Parker, Brothers and Sisters at the Cross, Birmingham, Alabama
Sheila Parkhill, The Holy Family Society of Tucson, Tucson, AZ
The Orlando Truth, email@example.com
Vivian Ripton, Call to Holiness, St. Michael the Archangel Chapel
Allyson Smith, Catholic Author, San Diego, CA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgene M. Sorenson, Romans in the Desert, email@example.com
Donna Steichen, Catholic Author, Ojai, CA firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn Wendell, VOCAL (Voices of Catholics Advocating Life), Sublimity, Oregon