Thursday, July 31, 2008

St. Ignatius of Loyola - Feast Day

St. Ignatius of Loyola

(1491-1556)

Founder of the Jesuits

If God causes you to suffer much, it is a sign that He has great designs for you, and that He certainly intends to make you a saint. And if you wish to become a great saint, entreat Him yourself to give you much opportunity for suffering; for there is no wood better to kindle the fire of holy love than the wood of the cross, which Christ used for His own great sacrifice of boundless charity. Saint Ignatius Loyola

St. Ignatius of Loyola - pray for us.



Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me. (refresh me)
Water from Christ's side, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.
From the malicious enemy defend me.
(from the malignant enemy defend me)
In the hour of my death call me.
And bid me come unto Thee.
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels forever and ever. Amen.
(That with thy saints I may praise Thee)

No comments:

Post a Comment