Sunday, June 14, 2009

Feast of Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi: The Body and Blood of Christ


Fr. Mark's post: Corpus Domini

Anima Christi
Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever Amen.


Pope Benedict: Feast of Corpus Christi is proof that God is love‎

MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS JOHN PAUL II
FOR WORLD MISSION SUNDAY 2004
"Eucharist and Mission"



“…This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me.”
Luke 22:19

The institution of the Eucharist on Holy Thursday at the last supper, appeared then as the answer of Jesus to the treachery of men, as the greatest gift of His infinite love. He would not only die for him on the Cross as the Redeemer, but also will become the supernatural food which will nourish him. The Eucharist will perpetuate His real living presence until the end of time.
- St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment