Sunday, April 29, 2007

Update: St. Louis event goes on

Bob Costas Benefit Goes On With Little Protest
"People are entitled to their point of view," Costas said. He says the Archbishop is entitled to his own opinion."

I think it's pretty clear what the majority viewpoint is. (Blind and deaf SHEEP) But that doesn't discredit the minority. Everyone is entitled to their conscience and their perspective and I respect that and on we go." (So very sad -misguided compassion)

The audience seemed to agree with him.

"I am Catholic, but I think everyone has their own opinion about what this event is, and what it's supposed to be," said Aaron Chapman.

"I think the majority of the people are behind this benefit," said Gloria Phillips. A benefit that is about raising money to help kids. (Deaf and blind sheep)

Burke did not tell Catholics to boycott the event. He said that was a decision they'd have to make on their own. Saturday night's gala was sold out. All 4,200 tickets were sold.

Mr. Costas and all that attended this event you don't understand. The Archbishop isn't presenting his opinion. The good shepherd - Archbishop Raymond Burke is teaching the TRUTH--CHRIST'S TRUTH-HIS TRUTH. Do you understand that the Archbishop led his sheep and gave them the opportunity to not be led astray by other 'voices'-the voices of our current culture? The shepherd that he is took his sheep and led them to a green and full pasture that they may be fed to their fullness. He assisted all on their journey, presented opportunity (not OPINION). The sheep chose by their presence at this event and continued down the wrong path. Remember HE came for all of us! Because HE is the GOOD SHEPHERD HE wants to find all that are LOST. So there's always hope. HE sent HOPE-CHRIST- to rescue all from choosing the wrong path. Pray for our country that it will be saved from the path it continues to follow.
My brothers, if anyone among you should stray from the truth and someone bring him back, he should know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20
This is why we are in desperate need of holy shepherds!

This is the difference between the followers of CHRIST and those that will fall when the waves of misguided compassion roll right over them. They can't stand against those waves and they will fall. This is why HE came to be our shepherd not to allow us to fall but to help pick us back up. Again, pray that more shepherds and that all shepherds will tend to their flocks so that ALL will hear HIS voice and follow HIM:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
John 10: 27 - 30

No comments:

Post a Comment