A word of thanks to TREA Senior Citizens League -one of the nation's largest nonpartisan seniors groups!
If you haven't heard about this agreement today here's some info for review:
Social Security Agreement With Mexico Released After 3 1/2 Year Freedom of Information Act Battle
Totalization Agreement - Social Security (actual doc. pdf. file)-
The Totalization Agreement could allow millions of illegal Mexican workers to draw billions of dollars from the U.S. Social Security Trust Fund.The agreement between the U.S. and Mexico was signed in June 2004, and is awaiting President Bush's signature. Once President Bush approves the agreement, which would be done without Congressional vote, either House of Congress would have 60 days to disapprove the agreement by voting to reject it.
"The Social Security Administration itself warns that Social Security is within decades of bankruptcy -- yet, they seem to have no problem making agreements that hasten its demise," said Ralph McCutchen, Chairman of the TREA Senior Citizens League.
From the Internal Revenue Service
U.S. International Social Security Agreements
News Items & Commentary:
- WND-Social Security billions could go to Mexicans
- U.S. - Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement
- The U.S.-Mexico Totalization Agreement
- Totalization Agreement with Mexico - U.S. Congressman David Dreier -CA
- More Information on the Totalization Agreement with Mexico - U.S. Congressman John Culberson - TX
- Other Countries that went into agreement with the US.
- U.S. Social Security For Mexicans? (2003) -Eagle Forum - Phyllis Schlafly
- Numbers USA - helpful info (free fax)