Sunday, March 30, 2008

Divine Mercy Sunday




DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET - EWTN AUDIO

"Jesus said.... "I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and [then] throughout the world"(47).

"I want the image to be solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter, and I want it to be venerated publicly so that every soul may know about it." (341)

"After the original image had been painted at the request of St. Faustina's confessor, he had it hung in the corridor of the convent instead of the church. Jesus then told St. Faustina, "Tell the confessor that the image is to be on view in the church and not within the enclosure of the convent it is in. By means of this image I shall be granting many graces to souls; so let every soul have access to it."(570)

"Yes the first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be acts of mercy, and I demand the worship of My mercy through the solemn celebration of the Feast and through the veneration of the image which is painted. By means of this image I shall grant many graces to souls. It is to be a reminder of the demands of My mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no avail without works" (742)

No comments:

Post a Comment